Fact Based List:
How The Supreme Court Decision Affects HSAs
- It increased the tax on HSA money used for non-eligible expenses. The tax was previously 10% but has been increased to 20%
- It upheld the part of PPACA that disallowed HSA (and FSA) money from being used for over the counter drugs bought without a prescription
- It did not affect contribution limits, eligibility or most other fundamental aspects of HSAs
Source: Tango Health
Source URL: http://blog.tangohealth.com/blog/index.php/how-the-supreme-c...
Lists You Might Also Be Interested In
- Health Insurance Companies Whose Medicare Advantage Contracts Have an Average Star Rating Above 4.5 When Weighted by Enrollment
- Rob Lynch: Ten Ways Small Businesses Can Lower Healthcare Costs in 2012
- National Health Expenditure Estimates, by Category, January 2013 (billions)
- Five Parent Organizations, for Regional PPOs, with the Highest Medicare Advantage Enrollment
- What Adjustments in Predictive Analytics Approaches Must Small Organizations Make?
Login or register to post comments